Wednesday, July 11, 2012

To Russia With Love

Julie Christie and Omar Sharif keeping warm in their furry hats.
According to the analytical statistics related to this website, 42 people in Russia have read my blog today. I am surprised, and also confused, flattered, stymied and stunned by that information. So many questions come to mind, like how did they find me and why would they bother and do they even get my sense of humor? I have not read any Russian blogs and cannot imagine doing so. In fact, I am almost 100% ignorant of Russian culture. All I know is that they drink vodka and in winter they wear those big fur hats that look like erasers. I also enjoyed Dr. Zhivago, but that was years ago. I suppose I'd better brush up on this stuff if I want to keep those readers. Until then, I will translate what I have written thus far into their language to make them feel welcome:

В соответствии с аналитической статистических данных, касающихся этого вебсайта, 42 человек в России, читать принадлежащий мне blog сегодня. Я удивлен, а также путать, которой, блокируется и потрясены тем, что информация. Поэтому многие вопросы приходят на ум, как того, каким образом они не нашла меня и почему они раздражает и они даже получить у меня такое чувство юмора? Я не читал любой русский blogs и не можем представить себе такую возможность. По сути, я почти 100% знают русской культуры.

I love how "blog" is still "blog" in Russian!







4 comments:

  1. Analytics will provide you the answer to this question.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite Russian joke: What is the difference between a Russian Comedy and a Russian Tragedy? In the Tragedy, everybody die. In the Comedy, everybody die happy.

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...