Friday, June 29, 2012

Two Birdbrains

Painting by Maureen O'Connor
This morning, as often happens, I saw an article online that I did not pursue, called "The Power of Retweeting." Enticing as that sounded, I moved on, but not before reading the accompanying bio about the two authors-- imagine, it took two of them! One was a "professional blogger" and the other an "experienced blogger." I wondered if the former was also experienced and the latter was at all professional. Anyway, apparently they are both heavy enough into tweeting to put their heads together and write about it.

I would like to come out here and now as being very much against tweeting, except of course if you are a bird, in which case I think it is entirely appropriate and should be done whenever the mood strikes, or at the very least in emergencies. Tweeting, which involves ordering your thoughts and putting them out there for all the world to see, as long as they are less than 140 characters, seems to me the lowest depths to which humanity has sunk or will sink, God willing. Naturally, feeling as strongly as I do about tweeting, one can only imagine my disdain for retweeting. In addition, I think it should be spelled "re-tweeting," but I guess when you are counting characters, a hyphen matters.

2 comments:

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...