Friday, May 11, 2012

Democratic Delusions

I have not read any of the details--in fact have studiously avoided them--but still the latest dastardly news concerning Mitt Romney has infiltrated the protective moat around my brain, forcing me to confront the heinous fact that the presumed Republican candidate for the presidency, now age 65, was once a bully. Despite his having once served as Governor of Massachusetts, been the leader of a large corporation and run the 2000 Winter Olympics, he may have, at one time in his youth, "held someone down." It is also alleged that he "called people names."  Add this to the fact that he once attached a dog carrier to the roof of his car in order to transport the family dog on a vacation, and it is quite clear that the man must not be elected president. We cannot have such a man in the White House!

Naturally, my source was of the Democratic persuasion, and were we not total strangers surrounded by other people in a small room, I might have ever so gently reminded her that, back in the day, several women came forward to accuse Bill Clinton of sexual harassment and another one accused him of rape, and that never seemed to matter the teeniest, weeniest little bit to his loyal minions.

What makes those Democrats tick? Is it just John Stewart, or is there something else?

5 comments:

  1. True liberals see these things through a strong filter. Bringing up Bill Clinton wouldn't solve a thing (good job on your assuredly tight-lipped self control)! I've found that being strongly liberal is a belief system that cannot be challenged, disagreed with, or (heaven forbid) attacked. Facts don't matter!

    Of course, they say the same thing about people who try to simply cut through the bull and see the TRUTH, or compare and contrast candidates/presidents/politicians in general.

    Long hours of debate with several liberal friends have tought me to no longer debate. There can be no debate! Debate is wonderful among open minded people. Much can be learned! Unfortunately, the "MOST" open minded party here in the U.S.A. happens to be the one that quashes debate, and came up with political correctness.

    I've so enjoyed your blog over the past few months. Looking forward to more of your daily insights and bits of timely wisdom!


    Tedinski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tedinski:

      Thanks so much for sharing your intelligent observations. It's comforting to know that like-minded, smart, thinking people are still out there! After 30 years living in Washington, DC, where everyone votes the same, says the same ("Baaaaa") and reads the Washington Post, I still suffer from political PTSD.

      Delete
    2. I lived in Washington for a while too! The brief stay (3 years) formed my mind in many ways. Working in government offices off and on as a temp taught me that government control should be reserved for ONLY those things that cannot be done in any other way. Talk about INEFFECIENT.

      Tedinski

      Delete
  2. I could say the exact same for conservatives. My favorite are the ones that actually believe the world would be a better place if women still were not allowed to vote and government was for military only. Hopefully you gentlemen are not that extreme.

    Romney's high school pranks combined with his career at bain and his treatment of a lessor animal do start to give an idea of what we're dealing with here. That's all before I talk about his plans for the tax system. Each one by itself doesn't say much, but we now have an example from every part of his life spanning decades. This is not a delusion, but a logical conclusion based on available information. Something I guess I shouldn't be doing per your comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous:

      I have no idea who you are but I can say without doubt that you are utterly ridiculous. I have many friends who claim to be Republican and all of them want women to vote! In fact, many of them are women. That is a perfect example of how you Democrats jump to silly conclusions. Logical, hah!

      And what is a "lessor animal?" A dog with an apartment to let? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

      Delete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...