Monday, March 5, 2012

The Mental Illness Formerly Known as the Democrats

As the saying goes, it takes all kinds. Certainly each of us knows many liberals and many conservatives. Within those groups are subsets of stupid idiots and intelligent folks. I have never stopped to consider which group has more of what kind, but this recent brouhaha regarding radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh got me wondering, and I'm pretty sure I have the answer.

I listen to Rush on my car radio whenever I'm driving during his broadcast, about once or twice a week. I usually find him to be quite amusing, in fact downright funny. Sometimes he makes me laugh out loud, which for me is a rarity and always a good thing. As far as his political observations, sometimes I agree and sometimes not, but no matter--since I have my own functioning brain, I don't need someone to tell me what to think. Besides, Rush is an entertainer, not a newsman, so what he says is of little consequence.

My behavior differs vastly from that of most liberals, who accept the preposterous commentary spewed by comedians Bill Maher, John Stewart and Steven Colbert, along with the rest of those left-wing entertainers, as truth. My old friend Nancy T. suffered this affliction. Mystified by her blank stare concerning almost all current events, I finally inquired as to her favorite news source. She said, "Marty (her husband) reads the New York Times every day and tells me whatever I need to know." She also was a devotee of John Stewart, who she actually believed held some sort of office. Sadly, I know others like Nancy, although I don't know Nancy anymore. (I have my standards.)

Most card-carrying liberals--thankfully there are exceptions--automatically accept whatever they are told by the party leaders and Hollywood "in crowd" of the moment. More than one psychiatrist has diagnosed this as a form of mental illness. For example, few would dare disagree with the mighty Bono, singer turned ambassador turned advertising icon, who now sees fit to comment on U. S. foreign policy. Ditto Anderson Cooper, Bill Cosby, Ellen De Generes and Oprah Winfrey, each an entertainer elevated by the lefties to godlike status. The liberals' habitual shunning of FOX News, Rush Limbaugh and anyone else deemed to be on "the other side" has exacerbated the current war between the Republicans and the Democrats. The furor over what some shock jock said about a female activist on his radio program denigrates even further the freak show known as American politics.



14 comments:

  1. Agree. But Rush should be fired, like others who have made comments equally distasteful. Granted we have "freedom of speech", but since most Americans need to be saved from themselves, we don't need anymore idiots with a mic spouting whatever they want.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw c'mon gabby who are you (or others) to say who should be taken off the air . . . it's a free country turn off the radio if you don't like what he says

    Most important: what he said was 100% accurate . . . the woman wanted to be paid to have sex . . . she wanted someone to give her money so she could buy contraception . . . I get why Rush would say that that made her a slut and a prostitute.

    Her contraception products are not the country's responsibility IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! One of the most incisive and clever expositions on the topic I have read recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could be interested in this Nancy... Wtc

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....should the government pay for vasectomies? What's cheaper for our government: Paying for contraception or paying for future medicaid recipients?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why doesn't "the government" back off? Who needs "the government" in all our affairs? of course it should not pay for vasectomies! Have you ever heard of condoms? Or not having sex when the woman is ovulating? Jeez---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need the government in some of our affairs, especially concerning health issues: For example, there are a lot of teenagers out there who don't know what ovulating means, or how about a mentally challenged guy buying condoms?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous, that is simply preposterous. The government is not meant to be our parent. If a mentally challenged guy is competent enough to be having sex, I think he'll be able to figure out condoms. In this particular case, this law student would like the government to require a christian based university to provide contraceptives FREE of charge. When did we ever get such a sense of entitlement? There needs to be a greater culture of personal responsibility.

      Delete
  7. Re Rush Limbaugh: In my opinion he is an extremely vulgar, addicted, fat, ultra conservative pig, but would I want him to be silenced--definitely not, because then we would all be silenced, and we might as well be living in Syria! As was mentioned above, I don't have to listen to his rants, though it's always important to know what your enemies are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have got to be kidding! if a teen does not know what ovulating means, then we better spend more on teaching, not on birth control. or perhaps let them have babies...they will figure it out fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....just my point....we should spend more on teaching...letting them have babies is not the solution, it's much more expensive than birth control.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God for reasonable young people like Terrence, our future world leaders!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got a question for you all--if a woman has polycystic ovarian disease and contraceptives are needed for her treatment, shouldn't they be offered in any healthcare plan government or other? Of course, catholic hospitals/employers won't be offering them in this case. Is this crazy or what?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think if contraceptives are part of a treatment plan they should be covered by health insurance, just like any other prescribed drug. Nobody here has ever suggested that Catholics aren't crazy.

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...