Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Dream Day

So--happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I guess. So far, my holiday has been no picnic. It's consisted of me driving to the post office for the mail, but it was closed. Then I drove into town on icy roads in freezing temps to deposit a check in the bank so nothing would bounce, but it was closed. Then I took the garbage pails out to the end of the driveway, and the recycling can is quite large and the driveway is all frozen, but then after a few hours I remembered there was no pickup today because it's a "holiday."

Since I freed my slaves years ago, I'm at loose ends. I have no idea what to do. And I haven't even heard a word about it, either. All I've heard about today is that Jon Huntsman quit the presidential race, but nothing about this holiday that closes everything. I know, I know--he had a dream. But guess what--racism is rampant. So much for his dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...