Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Slice of Life

My 23-year-old son has a girlfriend. She's adorable. Who knows what will become of them, but someday perhaps he will marry, either her or someone else. Hopefully that marriage will be a long and solid union, assuring me peace in my golden years, because, after all, as the saying goes, "You're only as happy as your saddest child." That would be so nice.

It would also be nice if my future daughter-in-law and I enjoy a good relationship, like the kind I had with my own mother-in-law, one of mutual respect and a love that grows out of our shared caring for the same man.

That would be much nicer than if, one night after a fight she drugs him and then, while he is sleeping, ties him up and cuts off his penis and throws it in the garbage disposal and turns it on, which is what some woman in California did yesterday.

That man's poor mother must be plotzing today.

3 comments:

  1. stop reading the newspapers!!!! my god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People rarely cut off penises they have enjoyed a great deal. I'm guessing that maybe this one was used in an inappropriate way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith: How very charitable of you.

    Anonymous: First of all I read this online when I checked my email this morning, and second, that's some weird advice; do you think if you don't read bad things they won't happen?

    ReplyDelete

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...