Tuesday, May 31, 2011

LOST Again

First impressions are often wrong, yet despite my knowing this I still have them. My New Year's resolution, besides allowing myself to make them all year and not just on December 31, is to withhold judgment of people, places and things--everything but food, which sometimes you have to spit out right away or you could die---until I have more information.

A few weeks back, in this same location, I posted a negative review of a TV series called "LOST." I hated it. Oddly enough, this very website was having difficulties at that time and that particular post was truly lost, permanently, leaving me no record.  Odder still, I have since become addicted to that same TV show, and in fact just this morning cried my heart out when Boone died after Jack tried to save him by amputating his leg, even though his wounds looked faker than my son's Halloween makeup the year he went as a zombie motorcyclist back from the dead.

The most compelling thing about "LOST" is that nothing makes sense, everything is life or death, there are never any answers and nobody has an office job. Still, there's plenty to do and it's all interesting. Imagine if life were like that. That would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...