Monday, March 14, 2011

My Secret Addiction

I love Peeps. I am a purist, only buying the yellow ones. I know they come in purple and green and blue, and that there are versions shaped like bunnies, but I am talking about the yellow chicks. They come out only once a year. I am not at all religious, but I love Jesus because he came back on Easter and brought us Peeps.

I bought a three-pack yesterday and promised myself (and my husband, who since joining an exercise cult and losing 50 pounds has turned into the Food Police) that I would only look at them. They are, after all, adorable. Then last night, suddenly, watching the horror and destruction following the tsunami in Japan, I carefully ate all five occupants of one of the packages, along with 140 calories of sugar and food coloring. Now two packages, or ten Peeps, remain. (Here in the house, that is--there are thousands out there in supermarkets and convenience stores.)

Rest assured, I will buy more soon.

3 comments:

  1. Yuck.....sorry, I can't stand those things. But I am sure there is something that I eat that would make someone's head spin.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise to never bring you any Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to publicly thank my friend Gabby for buying me Peeps even though she thinks they are yucky! That is true friendship!

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...