Monday, February 14, 2011

Lady Gaga Makes Me Ga-gag

Okay, I guess I am finally, seriously and truly morphing into an old person. I will turn 65 this year, and even though I don't feel old or act old, I now have definite proof of actually being old, because the very existence and success of someone named Lady Gaga (see photo)--who I am proud to say I have never seen perform--makes me know for a fact and without a doubt that this generation is going to hell in a hand basket, and I'm not going with it.

The "lady" in question apparently won some awards at last night's Grammys, which I missed because I was busy knitting booties for all my friends' grandchildren and then went to bed early with a cup of tea and a hot water bottle for my sciatica, but I read about the whole thing today on this newfangled Internet thing. Seems she was carried onto the stage inside of a giant egg, and then later accepted her awards in a black rubber suit affixed with protruding rubber lumps where her breasts should have been. (Didn't Madonna invent that?)

I don't recall ever seeing Peggy Lee, Rosemary Clooney, Natalie Cole, Judy Garland, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Liza Minelli, Aretha Franklin, Bonnie Raitt, Barbra Streisand or Bette Midler ever wearing rubber and they sure could sing, but this Lady Gaga's attire is apparently the most important aspect of her "talent." I read today that "she's already donned a dress of perspex bubbles during her first solo tour, a jacket made out of dozens of Kermit the Frog Muppets on a German television show in 2009, and hundreds of white pearls glued to her face for a New York charity event last year."

If this is what's happening in the music industry today, I want to be old. Pass the Geritol, please.

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Yeah, would be nice to only hear "good" singing. However, they all feel they need a gimmick to make up for lack of talent.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tuned in about the time poor old Kris Kristoferson and Barbra Streisand backed away and gave the award to that awful punk band. Did you see that poor little girl banging on her drum? ugh ick ew yuk I hated it and I am only 57.

    I would actually tune in to an EXTREME outfit awards show. That is what they should have called this. Then we would not have had to listen to the crappy noise and watch dumb children riding their bikes around on a dark stage.

    perspex bubbles??? what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe you watched. i guess that's because you are so much younger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS POST (boy am I behind on my daily carb!)

    You are NOT OLD

    You are COOL

    LAady Gaga is RIDICULOUS
    have you heard the music??? even MORE ridiculous than the name!

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...