Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time Marches On

Big news: Motorola is releasing its Xoom tablet TODAY! This comes after months of speculation! It is the first iPad challenger to run Honeycomb, an elegant new version of Google's Android operating system.

I have a few questions, the posing of which places me squarely in the middle of Old Age:
1. Doesn't Motorola make record players?
2. Wouldn't the correct spelling be Zoom?
3. Besides the Moses kind and the Bayer kind, what's a tablet?
4. Aren't Androids from outer space?

I know I said I am always kidding, but today I am only partly kidding. (Not telling which part.) It seems that to be alive and functioning in 2011, one must be plugged in to something, hopefully not a respirator. Imagine for a moment what might happen to the planet if by some quirk of fate, nature or terrorism, electricity failed us. What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. It would become very quiet. Then people like me who actually own "paper books", can read by the firelight in peace.

    What a wonderful world it would be....I think that is a line in a song...maybe I will Google it. LOL!

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great-love the questions. Fire up the wood stove and stay calm...I tell my kids they are being manipulated by all the latest 'must haves' and to NOT fall for it! Sam and his friends, (overheard them talking about it) think the new super thin Mac is ridiculous. I was very glad to hear him say this.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

RFK Jr: Another Crazy Candidate

It wasn't long ago that I considered voting for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for president. He seemed sane, something we can't say about ei...